NEW FOUNDATIONS TRANSITIONAL LIVING INC.
NFTL, INC. is a spiritually based (not religious), safe place designed to help assist residents in maintaining abstinence from alcohol and/or drugs. Residents are encouraged to work cooperatively to maintain a clean, safe haven while starting their journey of recovery.
NFTL, INC. Is NOT a medical or psychological facility. Medical detoxification and mental illness is not something we can diagnose or treat. Contact the nearest emergency room for help. All potential residents must be drug and alcohol free if granted admission to NFTL, INC. We cannot accept sexual offenders, arsonists, or men/women with open felony or misdemeanor warrants. All our facilities are non-smoking.
NEW FOUNDATIONS IS NOT LOW-INCOME HOUSING. WE ARE NOT A SHELTER. WE ARE AN ORGANIZATION PROVIDING RESIDENTS A SAFE PLACE TO RESIDE – WITH STRUCTURE, OBSERVATION AND ASSIGNMENTS – TO BEGIN AND MAINTAIN THEIR JOURNEY IN RECOVERY.
AS SUCH, WE HAVE RULES AND DISCIPLINE IN PLACE TO HELP YOU PROGRESS AND GET A WHOLE NEW LIFE. OUR PROGRAM WORKS – IF YOU FOLLOW IT. WE WILL ENFORCE RULES BECAUSE WE CARE ABOUT YOUR DEVELOPMENT AND REFUSE TO LET YOU CHEAT YOURSELF. WE WILL WORK WITH YOU DAILY TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE THIS HIGH STANDARD.
DO WHAT WE DO AND PREPARE TO BE CHALLENGED, EXCITED AND RECOVERING. NFTL STANDS OUT FROM THE REST. WHEN YOU ENTER OUR DOORS YOU BECOME A PART OF THE LARGEST TRANSITIONAL HOUSING ORGANIZATION IN THE CINCINNATI AREA! YOU WILL START CHANGING THE DAY YOU COME IN! THERE IS NO TIME TO ACCLIMATE OR GET COMFORTABLE. THE TIME TO CHANGE IS RIGHT NOW, RIGHT HERE, RIGHT WITH US!
Residents must be added to the closed NFTL facebook group for updates, events and announcements.
These rules and other NFTL documents are always available at www.nftl.org and facebook.com/NewFoundationsCincinnati under our “Docs” tab.
NFTL admission process:
· Prospective residents will complete an application and interview process
· Prospective residents will provide a minimum of a week’s Fee (M.O. or Checks ONLY)
· Prospective residents will provide a urine sample
· Prospective residents personal belongings will be searched
· Prospective residents personal belongings will be put through the dryer – NO exceptions
· Residents will provide their own linens, personal hygiene items, and food. Bed bug covers will be provided and must remain on the bed and box spring at ALL TIMES!
· IF YOU HAVE DISCHARGE INSTRUCTIONS FROM CCAT, THE COURTS OR OTHER INSTITUTION, YOU MUST PRODUCE THOSE NOW. We work closely with all institutions to ensure that their discharge instructions for you are our intake instructions for your plan here. If CCAT or another institution has advised you to attend Aftercare, to stay at NFTL you must complete their Aftercare program.
· Once admission is obtained, each new resident will be required to follow a rigorous program of action. Below are listed requirements that each resident is to follow in order to continue living at NFTL, INC.
· NFTL has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy concerning alcohol and drug use. All residents must remain alcohol and drug free. Violation of this rule will result in immediate removal from the house. Random drug and alcohol screens will be performed. Re-entry to NFTL after a relapse is not guaranteed. Re-entry is handled on an individual basis.
· All drug screens will be signed by the house manager and the resident and logged into their permanent file. Any resident who knows another resident is using or is under the influence and does not bring it to the attention of the house manager is considered to be breaking the ZERO TOLERANCE policy and may be asked to leave. A urine analysis will be conducted with the utmost respect and privacy allowable. However, there may arise occasion when a house manager must be present in the facilities with a resident to watch the specimen exit the body.
· NFTL uses a specific panel of urine analysis and breathalyzer analysis. There may arise a time when a further, more in-depth analysis of either is required and judged necessary by any house manager of NFTL. This will occur at the expense of the resident. They will be given a written deadline to furnish an unadulterated alternate analysis to the house manager to test with or make arrangements to be independently tested elsewhere. Non-compliance for any reason will result in immediate removal from the house and re-entry will NOT be granted.
· There will be a one-time $6 fee added to your bill to help cover the costs of your drug and alcohol tests while you are here. We will add this at some point after your 1st 7-10 days with us. Again, this is a one-time fee only.
· No Smoking in the houses. Designated areas will be provided. Violation of this strict policy will result in immediate termination from our fellowship.
· EVERY resident will participate in New Foundation’s SWAP – Service Work Assignment Program. This is in addition to your chore! The requirement is to complete three (3) hours of service work for New Foundations within your first 21 days in our program. This is non-negotiable. The House Manager, General Manager or Director will give you assignment. You may be asked to split up your hours or to complete them all at once.
· All residents must respect the neighbors surrounding the house they live in. We are recovering in a community and want to contribute to the peace and cleanliness of the neighborhoods we live in. Any issues with a neighbor must be brought to the attention of the house manager immediately.
· Signing in and out: You may be required to sign in every time they enter the building and sign out every time they exit the building. This will be determined by your house manager.
All residents will provide their own food. If you are unable to purchase your own food, you MUST apply for food stamps TODAY! There is information at the end of this packet for you to begin the process now. We will provide a letter for you to ensure you receive them. In the meantime, do not take other resident’s food. Advise your house manager that you cannot supply food at entry and he/she will coordinate with staff to MAKE SURE that you are fed. We will not let you go hungry – but again – do not eat other resident’s food.
Passes are a privilege and not a right. Residents are eligible for overnight passes who:
- Have been at the house for 30 days
- Have their fees paid up-to-date
- Are not on restriction for rules violations
- Are consistently working a recovery program, are maintaining a positive attitude and commitment to the house and community
A resident taking an overnight pass must have it approved. They must fill out a pass form indicating name, address and telephone number of where they are going. The pass request must be submitted for approval at least 24 hours before the date of the request.
Any resident who does not return to the property by the time designated on the pass is in violation of “curfew” and may be considered for termination from the program.
· Although we are not affiliated with Alcoholics Anonymous/Narcotics Anonymous, all residents must actively be working a 12-step community program, have a sponsor and attend a minimum of 4 outside meetings a week. This will be monitored. Non-compliance will result in removal from NFTL. NO EXCEPTIONS – You must work an AA or NA program!
· Due to our strict focus on real recovery, fraternization within NFTL is discouraged. Management may become involved if necessary. Any problems arising out of a fraternization may result in restriction or termination from the program. Women are not to be at the Men’s houses without management approval first. Men are not to be at the Women’s houses without management approval first. NO EXCEPTIONS!
· Curfew for residents will be 11:30 pm Sunday thru Thursday and 1:30am Friday and Saturday. Two minutes late or two hours late will be treated with equal weight.
· Visitors are welcome on Saturday or Sunday from 10am to 10pm. Visitors are the responsibility of the resident they are visiting. Any problems or conflicts interfering with the safety or security of the house and its residents may result in immediate removal from NFTL, INC. Visitors are required to stay in the common areas. This does NOT mean bedrooms and there are no overnights in NFTL, INC. other than children and this is to be cleared with management.
· All residents must have a consistent job or verifiable legitimate income. Residents who are unemployed and seeking employment will be required to leave the house from 10am till 4pm Monday thru Friday. Residents may be required to attend the NFTL JOB/RESUME WORKSHOP.
· All residents are responsible to maintain the cleanliness of the house. A chore list will be assigned. No dishes are to be left in the sink. Beds are to be made every day. No food in bedrooms. No incense of any kind. Candles are allowed in designated areas only – NOT in rooms.
Fees must be paid ON the due date. Weekly fees are due on Sunday. $85.00 Weekly and $320.00 Monthly ($20 discount). We do not accept cash.
A $10 late fee will be assessed for late payments.
Residents 3 weeks behind ($255) or more, may be terminated from NFTL immediately. Residents must start looking for gainful employment as soon as they enter NFTL. Even while on restriction residents can begin to job search on the Internet, revise their resume and research positions. Looking for a job is a full-time job!
PLEASE NOTE: Fees are $85 per week. If you are entering New Foundations in the middle of the week, the fee is $12 per day. PLEASE NOTE: You will see this small, mid-week balance posted on the weekly resident balance detail and are responsible for paying it immediately.
· Gambling and other illegal activities are not permitted. Also, no physical or verbal threats - EVER. Immediate termination will follow.
· Residents will respect each other and personal space. This means staying out of other resident’s rooms. This means cleaning up after yourself as you go.
· NFTL, INC. is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. It is YOUR responsibility to secure your own valuables. While NFTL does not have a problem with theft at all – always know your surroundings.
· Residents may not have mouthwash or other personal or hygiene items that contain alcohol. Colognes and perfumes containing alcohol must be less than 5.0 oz.
· All residents will comply with these rules. House managers will give verbal warnings whenever possible. The house manager may put a resident on a restriction after a second offense. A third offense may result in removal from the house. This rule does NOT override any broken rules which call for immediate termination.
· Any resident terminated, or voluntarily leaving NFTL will have no more than 7 days to remove all personal property from the house. We simply cannot store it. Anything left after that time becomes house property or goes to trash. NO EXCEPTIONS.
· Additionally, while you stay at NFTL other residents will leave and move on – you are not to – in any circumstance – touch their belongings while we allow them the 7 days to retrieve their items. NO EXCEPTIONS. This is a general rule for life: if it is not yours, do not touch it.
· Any resident terminated from NFTL, INC. for a violation of any of these rules will forfeit any monies already paid. NO REFUNDS/NO EXCEPTIONS.
· In addition, if a resident decides they would like to return to NFTL they will be subject to the same entrance procedures, as well as, being required to pay any back fees that they owed when they left NFTL. Back fees will be due BEFORE access is granted into NFTL. There is a $25 re-entry fee for “terminated” residents.
· Again – residents terminated from the NFTL program will forfeit all pre-paid monies. Initial at the end of this document that you understand neither you NOR YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS who may have paid for you will receive a refund. When you pre-pay, we hold and reserve that bed, turning other people away. As a result, we cannot refund money prepaid.
· Any resident leaving NFTL for any reason must be supervised when they pack their belongings to leave and when they return to collect anything they left behind.
· There are other situations that will arise in the context of your personal progress in recovery that will require management involvement. You understand, as a resident, that we will “be in your business”.
· Residents will be given assignments from time-to-time to correspond with their progress in recovery. These assignments MUST be completed by the due date for the resident to stay in the house. Non-compliance may result in termination from the program.
· If you do not do your chore, you could be asked to leave the program. Chores are mandatory and a critical part of the NFTL recovery program.
· Hospital and doctor visits. If a resident is ever required to obtain a prescription from a physician or a physician’s assistant, the resident will provide full, dated discharge and treatment instructions from the office of the doctor.
· Narcotic prescriptions of any kind are not allowed.
· There are to be NO weapons of any kind on the property of NFTL at any time.
· If you have a valid driver’s license and an automobile – you must provide proof of insurance before you can park your vehicle on or near NFTL property. You may not take any NFTL resident – from a NFTL property - in your vehicle without proof of insurance.
· As you progress in our house you will be allowed to move up in your room status. When it is your turn to move – you move… immediately.
· Occasionally, NFTL conducts events, fundraisers, and requires service/volunteer work. None of these events will override your work or legal obligations. Those obligations notwithstanding, all residents will be required to attend these events in support.
· If a resident has to work hours outside of the established curfew, a written statement of employment may be required to remain in the house.
· New Foundations staff works as a team. Any member of staff can address your progress or violation of rules at any time. This includes the Director, General Managers, House Managers and Assistant House Managers.
· A list of all managers and staff – and their phone numbers are posted in each NFTL house. We have an open door policy. You can contact any staff member at any time regarding any issue or concern you may have.
· Finally, this may seem like a lot. And you are right. You WILL make mistakes. We get it. So start now by asking questions. Stay informed. Keep us informed. Understand WHY we do what we do – and why it works! We got your back.
IF you work hard for your new foundation in recovery, we will work hard for you, too!